Tuesday, May 26, 2009

'Reach' by Zoe

Reach

Reach
Waiting, searching for a hint
Anything to show we're ready
Reach
Look, giggle for no reason
Pulses racing because of nerves
Reach
Slowly, gently fingertips touch
Now we're holding hands
Reach
Apprehensive, excited at what could come
Something we both want
Reach
Whisper, reply "Why don't you?"
I'm too scared
Reach
Seriously, hesitantly we move closer
Lips touch for a brief moment
Reach
Desire, love coursing through bodies
Time stops and one second is forever
Reach
Everything is perfect and right
In that one, first kiss

I wrote this poem about three years ago in response to my first kiss with my best friend, who I was in love with. We had already admitted our feelings for each other and we were sitting on the bed talking, listening to a mix CD that included Reach. The last song on the CD was Goodbye, Love so when it got to Reach, I put the song on repeat. The poem basically describes what happened next. We stopped talking, inched closer and closer, both too scared to actually do it. Then I said, “kiss me”, she said “Why don’t you?” I said I was too scared and then somehow we ended up kissing. It was the perfect kiss to the perfect song, and every time I hear Reach now I go back to that. Thank you for creating such wonderful music to be inspired by and have as background music for so many of my memories.

Hi! My name is Zoe and I live in South Dakota. I just graduated from high school. I am a dancer, singer, actress, artist, and pretty much anything else fine arts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.