Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From 'Brave' to 'My Own Worst Enemy' by Ariel



Your most recent album came out during a time where I was in transition. I was facing staying at my current job or packing up everything and moving to New York City to pursue my dream of Stage Management.

Many of my friends kept telling me to go and “try it out for a year” so I wouldn’t regret it later, but for some reason I couldn’t convince myself. Then I listened to your album. From “Brave” to “My Own Worst Enemy” -- I totally felt a connection to what you were saying. It was like my own subconscious was telling me to take a chance.

So I did.

It was kind of funny actually thinking back. I went to New York to see your Rose Hall performance. It was just a day trip, so I had to entertain myself for a few hours in a part of the city I never really spent time in. So I wandered the streets and came across The Juilliard School and thought “Wow! This is a place I would love to work!” So then I came home and talked to one of my co-workers about my dilemma and he gave me some numbers to call. One of them happened to be Juilliard.

My name is Ariel and I have been in New York doing theatre for the past nine months…at The Juilliard School. Now I know that area extremely well, ha. I feel like you are a big reason it happened. So thank you for living your dream and inspiring others to do the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.