
I chose 'Gorgeous' because of two things that I love that has Gorgeous playing in my mind when ever I read or watch them.
The quote I put in my drawing, “you and me against the world”, came from the book Double Cross from the Noughts and Crosses series. The first book, Noughts and Crosses, tells the story of a white boy and a black girl and then later on in Double Cross it tells the story of a mixed raced girl and a white boy. Both books show the couples trying to live their life as friends and lovers whilst growing up in a world where they shouldn’t be together because of their skin colour. Throughout reading these books I kept relating these characters back to Gorgeous, so I thought that I had to put something from those books into my drawing.
The drawing of the man and woman hugging is from a popular English sci-fi TV show I love called Doctor Who. In the story where the picture was from The Doctor and Rose Tyler, who had been separated for a few years after saving the world but losing each other, were finally been reunited.
My name is Emma, I’m 15 years old and I’m from Buckhurst Hill in London.
No comments:
Post a Comment