Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'Rise Up' by Amy



This song is just beautiful and so meaningful. My younger sister has always struggled to find her place in the world. She followed in my footsteps in high school, being in the drama club and choir, but hasn’t found her own thing. Even now, in college, she didn’t know what she wanted to “be”. Slowly, though, she is beginning to stand on her own two feet, breaking away from my mold and becoming who she is meant to be. She is going to show the world all that she can become and this song makes me think about her. I know that she is strong and that she will rise up against the world.

In my picture, I picked out different elements of the song that really spoke to me: goddess, butterfly, breaking glass, and singing out loud. The goddess stands, poised and strong, ready to take on the world. Her wings break the mold of what people have forced on her as she realizes all that she has inside her and what she can accomplish.

My name is Amy and I live in New York City. I’m in my last semester of college as a Childhood Education major. I’m student teaching in Brooklyn at this time and am having a fun yet challenging time teaching 4th graders. I want to teach my students to appreciate the arts since they are being cut out of schools and plan on integrating all the fine arts into my classroom. I know the arts made a huge difference in my life and I think they can especially work wonders on inner city children where their highest aspirations are to be rappers or basketball players. I love theatre, cooking, and reading in my spare time.

More...
A Hero Comes Home


Perfume and Promises





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.