Tuesday, May 26, 2009

'Larissa's Lagoon' by Emily



The reason why I picked the song Larissa’s Lagoon is because my interpretation of the song is facing problems in your life and trying to overcome them. In my picture the girl is crying nine tears which are suppose to represent the nine scars I have from surgeries I have gotten because of my disability. She has a pink scarf tied around her waist which represents the bright pink cast I had to wear from my waist to my toes from one of my surgeries which in my opinion is the worst type of cast I have had to wear. She has sixteen cuts on her arms which shows how many years I have had to deal with spina bifida (well actually its 15 but it will be 16 this November). The reason why there is a grave stone with flowers in front of it is because when I heard the song it seemed to me that Larissa committed suicide to escape her father and she collected the flowers for her own grave and she woke up singing because she was a ghost and was finally free from the pain in her life. The sky is purple because in the song it said they never look blue but I put some blue around Larissa because she was in a better place where the skies are always blue. The brown thing she is walking on is a bridge, just incase you couldn’t tell.
The reason why you can’t see her feet, well at first it was because I am terrible and drawing hands and feet but I guess it could show how I don’t like to show my feet because of all the scars.

I'm Emily.

1. I’m 15 years old turning 16 on Nov. 9th.
2. I am a freshman at Wellington High School in Wellington Ohio (and if you don’t know where that is, don’t feel bad no one does)
3. My best class is English and the worst is Math
4. I have been in choir for 4 years and honors choir twice.
5. I am in drama club and I have been in all the plays and musicals this year.
6. I have been in band before in 5th and 6th grade playing the clarinet.
7. I have one older brother and one older sister
8. I love Musicals but I haven’t been to Broadway yet but I will be going next year.
9. I lived in Tennessee for about six years
10. I saw you when you came to the Cleveland House of Blues last year.
11. I take French and I am in French Club
12. I was a part of Student Council this year.
13. My dream is to be on Broadway some day, I could probably be Nessa Rose in Wicked when I am a little older.
14. I go to a Baptist Church.
15. My favorite food is cheese pizza form Dominos
16. My favorite ice cream flavor is Cookies & Cream w/ chocolate syrup.
17. I am right handed.
18. I love to read books, mainly ones in a series.
19. I’m running out of facts, I should have made a list of 10 instead.
20. And last but not least, I have never had a dog for a pet even though I want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.