Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'I Feel Everything' by Livi



I decided to use 'I Feel Everything' as my song, as I've always felt drawn to it. I always knew I would wanted to do a project around this kind of idea, and use photography - as I have just bought myself a DSLR for this purpose. Using a live model was great, my model is Siobhan, a friend who does ballet. I love ballet pointe shoes, I think they are so beautiful.

I used the words 'like a prima ballerina' and 'I tiptoe tiptoe around you constantly', as it seemed to fit the mood of the photograph. I wanted to show the aesthetics between grunge and beauty, or in a way, demonstrating that beauty can be found anywhere.

This building was a perfect location for the shoot, as the paint was flaking and it has obviously been neglected, a lot like the person I imagine in the song - she is neglected by her loved one. I imagine an abused woman, trying to be the best wife to her husband, never knowing if he would come home angry or normal. The beauty held in the song is wrecked with heartache and pain, and I tried to portray that in the photograph.

Livi. 19. New Zealand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.