Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'I Stand' by Jenna



I had a lot of trouble picking one lyric to focus on. I am very indecisive and am drawn to lyrics from so many songs, including “I Stand,” ”Here,” “So Beautiful,” and “Rise Up.”

The thing that I find most inspiring about the songs is how poetic the language and style of each line is. Some artists seem to not put any thought into how they are expressing a certain feeling (if they even are writing it). I love that the lyrics are beautiful and genuine, something that is so easily relatable. I am always discovering new things when I listen to any of your songs. Additionally, I love the instrumentals intertwined with these four songs especially. I play piano and clarinet, and enjoy singing. With this musical background, I always find myself drawn to climactic parts in the music (especially the bridge and chorus). Combine the instrumentals with the powerful lyrics, and an amazing and indescribable feeling arises. I often find myself inexplicably grinning from ear to ear when I hear those parts (people must think I am crazy).

In the end, I chose to take pictures that work well with one of my favorite lines from “I Stand”: “with the slightest of breezes (1st photo), we fall just like leaves (2nd photo- on top), as the rain washes us from the ground (3rd photo- on bottom).”


My name is Jenna, and I am 20 years old. I am from Ohio, and am currently a student at the University of Pennsylvania. I have been fortunate enough to see three concerts you have had close to Philadelphia, including your Rose Hall concert.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.