
I chose “Penny” because it encapsulates who I am. I’m constantly changing myself according to my surroundings and the people I’m around. I’m a certain person with my family, a different person with my friends, and another around strangers. I don’t know how to be everything to everybody. Oftentimes I feel like I come up just a little short.
Hearing “Penny” made me realize that other people feel the same way. There are other people out there who feel inadequate at times, but don’t know what to do about it. Sometimes the only thing to do is ask God for help. But God doesn't always deliver when you want her/him to so I had to be proactive. The message helped me to seek out the GLBT group at my school. It’s let me be someone whom I really love. I’m able to be so free and express my love for “The L Word” and wife beaters, and no one judges me. I’m surrounded by people who live and speak openly, and it is such a great sight. Although I haven’t come out to my friends and family, it doesn’t scare the me anymore.
My name is Stephani. I'm going to start my second year of college at the University of Houston (Go Coogs!) in the Fall. I'm majoring in Sociology in the hopes of becoming a social worker in the health industry to help citizens pay for and get adequate health care. I'm also starting to get involved in the GLBT community around Houston. I'm an unashamed musical theater nerd, but I do tear myself away from cast recordings to listen to other music. Mostly india.arie, Jason Mraz, John Legend, Amos Lee, and, of course, Idina Menzel.
No comments:
Post a Comment