
‘Perfume and Promises’ is not only my favourite Idina Menzel song, but my favourite song of all time and it always has a ridiculously high play count on my iTunes (higher than songs that have been there way longer than it too). So, naturally it was my first choice to make a piece of art based upon a song by Idina. It's such a pretty song and some of the lyrics are really touching, I mean “Stay for another morning, study the curves on my face, stay even when we’re unknowing, stay till they tear you away.”? Yeah, that gets me every time I hear it.
I’ve heard Idina say on several occasions that this song was written the day after she threw herself a going away party in London. London being my favourite city and this song being my favourite song, I wanted to do something to link the two, so here is my creation. I used my own personal photographs from previous trips to London and my favourite lyric from the song. I also added a picture of Idina that I believe matches that lyric.
I’m Lynzi, I’m 20 years old and I’m from Scotland. I live in a relatively large town close to Edinburgh and I love living here, although I’d much rather live in London because that’s my favourite city. I’m in my last few weeks of college studying Early Education and Childcare, yes I’m one of those people who adores kids, and eventually I’d like to live in London or New York City, as close to the world of musical theatre as I can get, working as a nanny.
No comments:
Post a Comment