
I’m not much of a songwriter myself, but I absolutely love poetry and lyrics, especially when I find a line or two that really strike something within me. The lyrics to 'Larissa’s Lagoon' and 'Still I Can’t Be Still' are some of my favorite ever- I think that they are written so eloquently but, at the same time, can still be considered on so many levels. Both of these individual lines resonate with me particularly strongly right now as I’m finally beginning to accept the fact that no matter how hard my family and those around me try to force me into the mold of a proper businesswoman or engineer, I am a musician and I need to give myself the permission and liberty to follow my passion and live the life I want.
My name is Maggie, and I’m a nineteen year-old violinist from Philadelphia, PA.
No comments:
Post a Comment