Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'Brave' by Jennifer

There once was a girl who was living with her husband. The thing was, he was abusing her. Every day, and every night, he would come into her room and hit her until she couldn't take it anymore. She would scream and cry, but he never stopped.

No one ever heard her cries. No one heard her screams. They were too afraid of getting help for her because of her stories about being hit daily, and they were scared of the fate that she was coming to.

She loved him, but knew that she had to leave.

Stuck within a hard place and a rock, not knowing what to do.

Crying silent tears each night as she laid beside him.

Not knowing what to do, not knowing how to get help. Not knowing how to leave without coming back.

She finally decided, one cold night, to leave him. She quietly packed up all of her stuff without awaking him.

But before she did, she looked at her past; a husband deeply asleep, not knowing what she was about to do.

"I might be afraid, but it's my turn to be brave," she wrote in the note that she left by his side.

Then she turned around, and walked away without another glance.

----

This story was inspired by the line, "I might be afraid, but it's my turn to be brave" in Brave. I think that this line represents someone who knows what she has to do, and yet is too afraid to do something about it. This line also represents a situation where the person has to make a decision, like in the story, the woman must decide whether to leave her husband or stay.

My name is Jennifer. I am 15 years old, and I live in Minnesota. I am a big fan of Broadway, and also like to read, write, listen to music and hang out with my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.