Wednesday, May 27, 2009

'I Stand' by Alexandra



The moment I heard “I Stand” playing I was changed. I felt inspired and moved – the song managed to capture so many emotions that I’ve always had problems expressing. It helped me get out of my head and realize that sometimes, it’s the little things everyone takes for granted that makes life worth living. Whenever I’m in a funk I turn on “I Stand” and just let go. It has been my saving grace during some pretty stressful times this past year.

This collage I’ve created from my photography has individual pictures that represent some of the most moving lyrics in the song. When I took each photo, as I looked through the screen of my digital camera, lyrics from “I Stand” popped into my head and I knew I had to snap the shot. I’m by no means a professional or great photographer, but sometimes I feel inspired to capture my visions for a permanent memory and it often happens when listening to music by Idina Menzel.

Alexandra was born and raised in Southern California. She has been involved in music for as long as she can remember. She used to dance around her living room to The Lion King soundtrack. At age 7 she dabbled in playing the violin for a few months, and when she was 11 she was in her middle school’s concert and symphonic band playing the oboe. In high school she took on the flute and started teaching herself piano. At this time she also discovered her love for musical theater and played in the orchestra of some of her high school’s musical productions. Today she is a junior majoring in Social Science at Hawaii Pacific University, where she also participates in the Honolulu Community Band. She plans to graduate next year and attend graduate school in Boston or New York, majoring in Global/International Affairs.

More...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Us

Original Concept and Artwork is (c) So Beautiful Fan Forum and Respective Artists. 2009. Banner designed by Natalie.